Here we post the agendas and minutes for past and upcoming Nation Meetings. Normally, they are held on the first monday of the month, every month except January, June, July and August. The nation board or 25 members in union, can call to an extra nation meeting.
Only members of Smålands Nation may attend the Nation Meeting, unless adjuncted by the meeting, in which case they are granted only the right to participate and to speak, but not to vote.
Only matters included in the definitive agenda may be decided upon by the meeting, only candidates included in the definitive list of candidates may be elected to posts by the meeting.
The protocols can be found in our public Dropbox:
Smålands Nation in Lund was founded in 1668, the same year as the university was formally opened, to provide accomodation and services to students at Lund University coming from the county of Småland. At that time, the largest faculty at the university was the Faculty of Theology, and Smålands Nation housed many a priests’ sons.
That was a long time ago.
In the 1960’s and -70’s, radical politics was popular among swedish university students, and no less so in Lund. There was a strict requirement for all students to be member of a student nation, and all nations were distinctly bourgeoisie. This caused many of these radical students to feel marginalized and overlooked. In the early -70’s, they began to gather at Smålands and in 1972, a series of decisions were made by the nation meeting that in effect turned Smålands from one apolitical nation among others, into the haven for socialists, feminists, dreamers and outcasts that it has been since.
At Smålands, we organise a variety of cultural and political events, such as:
– Feministcafé Ronja on Tuesdays (and the Feministcafé Ronja Book Club once per month)
– Pub Night on Tuesdays and Saturdays
– Kalles Café (vegan brunch) on Sundays and the Vegan Food Café
–Music events, open mics, and live gigs (including the recurring Red Note Jazz Club)
–Film Screenings, lectures with STINA: the political committee, workshops, sports and games, and of course, Dackekuriren (Smålands Newspaper) and Smål Talk (Smålands Podcast), to name only a few.
Additionally, once a year we organise the KPV (cultural political week), where we host lectures, open discussions and workshops, as well as poetry readings, screenings, and music events with special guests.
Småland’s events are based on our political platform, where we take a stand on a number of societal issues. We also crave for introducing experimental cultural events as well as more mainstream ones!
Platform for Smålands Nation at Lunds University
Småland’s nation shall
- Work free from political parties and under independent socialism to promote awareness and critical thinking.
- Actively counteract oppression based on gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation within its own organization as well as the student world and society in general.
versatileand innovative culture and work to meet its members’ needs for fun and social co-existence.
- Work to strengthen the students’ influence over their education.
- Support disadvantaged groups in the current education system and work towards breaking the socio-economic recruitment of the university and university colleges.
- Promote education and research that is critical of the statements of state and industry by the capitalist social system.
- Support and operate within the space that fights against the capitalist exploitation of natural resources.
- To ensure that vegetable products increasingly replace less efficient food production and offer vegetarian and vegan food.
- Express international solidarity with our words and actions
The platform was adopted in its current form of the May 2012 Nation Meeting, with a change decided at the Nation Meeting in April 2014.
The Board of Smålands Nation in Lund
The Board is subordinate to the Nation Meeting, which elects 6 of
The protocol for board meetings can be requested by members
The board is responsible for carrying out the will of the Nation Meeting, for preparing the agenda of and issuing invitations to the Nation Meetings and for disseminating the minutes of each meeting, in accordance with the statutes. It has the right to make decisions about the Nation’s funds, and the venue. Under certain circumstances, it has the right to exclude individuals from membership or the nation’s activities.
Since a decision taken on the Nation Meeting of May 1987, the presidency of the nation is vacant. Instead, the Board shall act as a collective chairman, curator and senior college for Smålands Nation. The Board consists of five elected members, nine committee representatives, and the three members of the administration (two Nation Agents and one treasurer) – these, however, share one seat. As such, the total number of board seats is 15. The nation’s existing branches of activity should be represented on the Board, through the mandates appointed by the committees. Each year, the Nation Meeting decides whether or not to discharge the board.
Representative, Club Committee
Representative, Pub Committee
Representative, Pub Committee